TEACHING AND EDUCATION
CHRONIC DISEASE MANAGEMENT
Many patients with conditions such as Heart Failure, Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Bronchitis, Arthritis, Wound, Diabetes Mellitus, Cystic fibrosis and more require ongoing care and education to help them live a fuller life. We offer a range of custom programs related to each of these illnesses.
- Fall and Injury Education
- Medication Management and Medication Monitoring: our staff can advise our patients to check for medication therapy duplication and medication interactions and on possible generic alternatives, that may be a less expensive substitute for current medications
- Patients rights and responsibilities
- Infection precautions
- Patient and family teaching
SOCIAL SERVICES – SW
We can perform home assessments to identify social, emotional and financial concerns related to illnesses or injuries. Our caregivers are invaluable resources in helping the patient and family members cope with the stresses of an injury, illness or major life change. They offer guidance and education on how to cope with a variety of psychosocial issues.
- Help family assess and utilize available community resources
- Assets psycho emotional and social aspects
- Provide referral to community organizations and other social service providers